Conflux' self-limiting PTC heaters efficiently prevents ice formation. Now you can design heaters which produce high power when it is cold and risk of ice formation, and which automatically reduces its power when the ice has melted or the conditions becomes warmer. The heaters cannot overheat and they require no regulating electronics or overheat protection.
Winterize your products. The new type of heaters will keep your equipment free of ice without risk of overheating and rapidly melt any ice and snow. Please contact us for more information on de-icing.
Where ice prevention is important
Conflux’ unique heating elements enable ice prevention in a revolutionary new way. You will be able to provide your customers with new heating functionality, which enable unique products that have not been previously possible. Together, we can extend your business and create new business on existing and new customers.
The self-limiting ice preventing heaters are especially useful for:
- Train couplers: Keeps the sensitive parts of train couplers free of ice at all times. The heaters cannot overheat and enables operation of the couplers during all weather conditions.
- Train brakes: Keeps all sensitive components of the train brakes free of ice at all times. It prevents ice build up on disk brakes, buffing brakes, brake cylinders, and all other components which are important for safe and efficient operation of the brakes.
- Train suspension: Prevents ice formation which limits the suspension of the trains.
- Train foot steps: Keeps the foot steps free of ice at all times. Minimizes the risk of accidents.
- Head lights: Enable fog free operation of the head lights after switching to LED lamps.
- Railroad switch heater: Keep the railroad switches free of ice regardless of the ambient conditions. Conflux' powerful heaters prevents ice formation and snow build up at any weather conditions. They cannot overheat which is a common failure mode of conventional railroad switch heaters.
- AdBlue (SCR) tank heaters: Rapidly melts sufficient amount of AdBlue ice to minimizes the NOx emission from diesel engines instantly after starting the engine - even during very cold days. No point ever overheats the AdBlue, even if the tank is nearly empty.
- Tanks of liquids, e.g. water or bio-diesel: Prevents liquids in tanks from freezing. The heaters produce high power when it is cold and rapidly melts any ice that forms. The heaters cannot overheat and works well in both full, half-full and nearly empty tanks without any level control. In addition the heater has no local hot spots and will not damage or decompose the liquid by overheating. The heaters can be mounted in plastic tanks without risk of damaging the plastic.
- LCD displays: Enables LCD displays to operate at all ambient conditions.
- Et cetera.
Advantages of Conflux' self-limiting heaters
The main advantages of using Conflux self-limiting heaters for de-icing are:
- The heaters can be formed to any shape and size to maximize the heat transfer from the heater to the component it is attached to.
- The heaters produce high power in cold conditions and are capable of keeping all components free of ice and snow at any ambient condition.
- The self-regulating properties automatically reduces the power of the heater as the ambient conditions get warmer.
- The heaters cannot be warmer than the temperature they are designed for which eliminates the risk of overheating and damaging of the heater and hurting the operators.
- The heater requires no overheat protection or regulating electronics.